Stockport Pest Control
Stockport Pest Control Covers Manchester, Stockport and Cheshire areas.
The ORIGINAL Stockport Pest Control offers Wasp Nest control treatment or removal at a fixed price £35.00, with no hidden extras.
Rabbits are native to the mediterranean, and were only introduced to Britain in the 12th or 13th century. Buck rabbit is about 48cm long, the doe is slightly smaller with a smaller head. Greyish brown fur with orange ting at the nape of the neck. Short tail, black on the top, white underneath. Long ears but unlike the Hare, no black tips. Black and ginger rabbits are common in large well estblished colonies.
Biology of Rabbits:
The rabbit population is now estimated to be 40 million. The rabbit population is increasing around 2% every year. This is because wild rabbit populations can with stand high mortality from natural causes. In the 1950’s the introduction of Myxomatosis, a disease introduced by man to control rabbit populations, was responsible for 99% of rabbit deaths. However it is now evident that the effects of the disease are lessening. Findings show that Myxomatosis is now only affecting 20% of the rabbit populations per year.
With an ever growing population of rabbits the damage they cause is also a growing problem.
Rabbits cause Damage
- Damage to trees- bark stripping, browsing
- Damage to lawns and greens- digging of burrows
- Damage to crops from large populations feeding
- Damage to Golf courses by digging and burrows
Reducing Damage Caused by Rabbit Populations
- Fencing areas to prevent rabbit access – this involves high cost. Fences must be regularly inspected, maintained and repaired.
- Rabbit fences must conform to British Standards and fit to requirements to be effective.
- Reducing rabbit harbourage, making the area less inhabitable for populations- this requires extensive time and man power and is only effective to an extent. Controlling Rabbit Populations Effectively and Effeciently
- Gassing is the most effective way of removing populations of rabbits. This must be conducted by a licensed professional pest controller company. The ground must be properly prepared for the method to be successful.
- Rabbit populations are naturally at their lowest from November to the end of March
Rabbbit are common throughout the United Kingdom and are a major cause of tree and woodland damage.
People and companies think they can treat the pest problem themselves, only to find that they make the infestation worse by purchasing products from DIY outlets with a poor percentage of insecticide. This may prove to be an expensive waste of time and money.
Stockport Pest Control provides an effective solution to your pest control problem with advice to prevent any infestation recurring.
We will always advise on how to keep children, pets and staff safe. All works will be carried out in accordance with the Health & Safety Act 1974, the COSHH Regulations 1988, the Food & Environmental Act 1985 and Control of Pesticides 1986.